Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Japanase Garden & the Butterfly Museum

Well, this was Pat's second Friday off in a row. And I love it because the girls don't go to school on Friday, so we can have a whole day of fun together!
We didn't know what the weather was going to be like, so nothing was really planned. But when we woke up Friday morning and saw that the sun was out, we decided that it would be an outside day!

So we planned a picnic. Leanna chose the park. I figured we would end up at the Friendswood park, like we always do. But she has been wanting to go to the Japanese Garden all winter long! So she suggested that...and then I suggested that we go the butterfly museum after lunch. So we got ready and headed out towards Hermann Park. We met mom & my sister there. So it was a great surprise for the girls to have their Grandma Flor & Tia My there! We had our lunch and then walked around. The girls LOVE this garden because they think they are in Mulan's house with her garden, her bridge, her gazebo(what are they called when they are Asian inspired)...they're such girls! Anyway, there is a little pond like area with Koi fish, ducks, and turtles. They love feeding all these animals. Normally we are prepared with bread for the ducks...but this time, they got Doritos, Cool Ranch Doritos to be exact, from our picnic! And the ducks and fish ate them! I took some cute pictures of Pat and the girls (minus Mia) because they were being super loving with him, so I have to post those. But here are some from our afternoon there...

Yes, Pat is feeding the duck from his mouth. Gross!

Then we went to the butterfly museum. The girls were super excited about this part. Leanna wanted a butterfly to land on her finger so bad. She kept telling us in the car that she hoped all of them would get on her finger when we got there. And once we were inside, one landed on Pat, and he placed her on Leanna's arm. She was so excited. She kept saying that the butterfly was tickling her. It was cute! When he tried to put on Kayla, she wanted nothing to do with that. We didn't expect her not to want one on her. And it was funny because her dress had purples and blues on it, so more butterflies landed on her! They landed on her back on the back of her neck and on her hair, and each time she squirmed!

Aren't these gorgeous?!?!?

This butterfly was on Leanna for a while.
This Bug Fact should make me stop eating chocolate!!! Eww!These are outside of the museum area!

So we all had an exciting day. We went to mom's house after a long day of fun. Pat & I had planned to go have a nice dinner. So we went to Cheesecake Factory. We had a great time; I even had 2 drinks an dof course we had cheesecake! It was awesome! I love fun-filled days!

0 comments: