It's time to update about our soon to be new member of the Landry family...We had our anatomy appointment on September 24th. This is appointment where they check the baby's growth to make sure that everything is growing normally. We got see the lungs, the 4 chambers of the heart, the brain, the stomach, etc. It is AMAZING what you can see with these ultrasounds! Everything is growing well. We took Leanna with us so she could experience seeing the baby. And it was such a treat for her. To be fair, Kayla was going to come see a picture of "the baby in mommy's tummy" but she didn't want to. She chose to stay with grandma and her aunt!
Anyway, Leanna had been wanting a baby sister since we told her we were pregnant. But last week she changed her mind. She wanted a baby brother. We wanted her to be there so she would be the first to know if she was going to have a baby sister or a baby brother. And the result is.........

We are all so excited. I love girls! I think God knew that we needed another girl. And I am thrilled. Our girls' closets are full of dresses and shoes. And now they get to be worn once again, instead of being sold in a garage sale! I wonder who she will look like, whose attitude she will have, how big/small she's going to be. I wonder many things. But I know one thing for sure...she will loved by all of us! Leanna wants to name her Ariel or Jasmine (she loves her Disney Princesses, so that is her reason for her choices). But the naming process will come later! I cannot wait to meet her. But I'm only halfway there so we will have to be patient! And our due date is still set for February 9th, 2009.
Now all we have to do is to convince Kayla to move into her big girl bed in the room that her and Leanna will share. We have been trying since earlier this year, but it has not been too successful. She loves her crib/bed. But I don't want to keep her in there any longer. And Leanna is anxiously waiting to share a room with her. But Kayla is set in her ways...so she may end up sharing a room with the baby!! No, we wouldn't do that. So I have till end of the year to move her into "their" room! Wish me luck!

0 comments:
Post a Comment