Monday, March 31, 2008

What we did last week...

It just so happened that last week I barely worked during the week...so we took advantage of my time off and Pat's time off. We did as much as we could with the girls, as much that was free that is!
Monday we took them to the Bluebonnet Patch and the Friendswood Park. My plan was to have their pictures taken at the patch and head back home. But I gave in to taking them to the park.
The Bluebonnet Patch is in someones front yard. They have Bluebonnets every year, and every year I try to get pictures done there. The homeowners just ask that you respect the flowers, since they are our state flower, and that you leave or drop off a picture of the person(s) at the patch, for their album. Cute huh? I still have not dropped off one picture. Sad. But maybe I will send them a Thank You card!
Tuesday, we went to Kemah. Or was that Monday? I don't remember now...
Wednesday, we went to Galveston. It was not a great trip because it was so windy. But Pat & the girls still ran around feeding the birds and walking by the water. And then we went to Hooters. And I have to tell this story: Leanna kept asking us if our waitress was Barbie...she looked nothing like Barbie, but who does?!? Anyway, we went to the bathroom, and she was still asking about Barbie. I'm thinking, yes, some of these girls look like they could almost be a Barbie (kinda), but not really. On our way out of the restaurant, she saw this bleach blond skinny girl, and she asked (with her loud, yet cute voice), " Are YOU Barbie?" And the girl just beamed! She was so happy with that. She told the other Hooters girls...Leanna had made her day! It was cute. And of course I told Leanna that she saw the Hooters Barbie! She was so excited. It made the trip so worth it for her!
Thursday...oh yeah I went Outlet shopping.
Friday, we picked up Ma Flor (grandma) and we went to the Japanese Garden at Hermann Park. We rode the train, which is now a longer ride and it still only costs $2.50, for all ages! But once the extension is complete, who knows how much it will cost then. After the train ride, we went to the Rose Garden, where mom and the girls were super happy! There were beautiful flowers everywhere. I was happy too, since I love to look at pretty flowers!!

My little poser at the Bluebonnets...she loved them!


HOOTERS, GalvestonWith Uncle James at Hooters
At the Japanese Garden, on a Mulan bridge! This was too cute of mom & Kayla..best friends...
Pat & Kayla...very cute picture!
My 2 princesses, checking out the ducks!
Little Miss Prissy, after "borrowing" flowers. She puts all the flowers that she picks in her purse.


Smelling the roses at the Rose Garden!

Pretty flowers!

Mom & Kayla

So you can see we had a full week. I love doing stuff all week long. But then I remember that I still have things to do at home...So now it's off to work I go! But I'm sure we will have the opportunity to do even more stuff soon! Yay! I love Spring!

1 comments:

Steph said...

What a fun BUSY week! The bluebonnet patch is really cool! I didn't even know there was a rose garden either! Maybe we can plan a trip to the zoo and a trainride soon. You can't beat $2.50!