Friday, March 7, 2008

Yee Haw! It's Rodeo Time!

Oh my, were we lucky on Wednesday! It was the perfect day to take the girls to the Rodeo carnival and Livestock show! And did they enjoy it! We had been telling Leanna since last week that we were going to take them. So Wednesday after I picked her up from school, she said she wanted to wear jeans, yes, she asked for jeans, and her cowgirl boots! So we dressed them as western as we could and headed out to Reliant!

Filled with excitement at the goat corral!
Waiting to go in...

We went to the inside part first, which is the livestock part. Our first stop was the petting zoo part, where they have the goats. They also had deer, turtles, and baby cows. SO cute. We walked in thinking Leanna was going to be OK, but that we would have to hold Kayla's hand. Well, that was not the case. Both the girls took off in different directions to go pet goats. Pat had to tell them to get food from his feeding cup, just to get their attention. It was awesome. The girls pet every momma goat and baby goat around. They wanted to hug them and hold them. These goats weren't as hungry as the ones from the previous years. No one's shirts, shorts or pants got chewed on! I remember when I was pregnant with Kayla, they were gnawing away at my skirt and they were chewing on Leanna's braid!

Here they are feeding and petting the goats!

After the goats, we went to see the cows, pigs, chickens, and rabbits. We got see newborn piglets, which were so cute. We got see baby chicks too. The girls got a pony ride too. They both loved that of course. We got them to say, "Yee Haw!" while riding the ponies...and my camera was not working with me! So I have blurry pictures of them doing that! :0( After all the animals and pony rides, we went outside to eat! Yay! My favorite part. We all had something different, but it was all delicious. Even the girls were eating! That is one reason I love the rodeo...the food. :0)

I will post pictures of the carnival on my next post...

2 comments:

Steph said...

That looks like so much fun! That's on our to do list this year! We haven't been to the livestock show since having kids but I know they would love it now! Oh and the food is my favorite part, too!!

Steph said...

Oh and the girls looks precious in their western wear!