Thursday, December 23, 2010

San Antonio Get Away

Since Pat took a week's vacation we decided to take a short road trip to San Antonio. We left Sunday morning and got there a little after 1. We went to Zach and Cheri's house. We love staying there cause it's just so relaxing.

The girls got to swim in the hot tub. They had to swim in their panties because I forgot to pack bathing suits. It didn't even cross my mind. Oops! They still loved it even though they were shy at first. Then we just relaxed in the backyard, had few sweet treats (their neighbors had brought to them) and the girls got on the swings and played with Jake and Lovey.A little before 4 we decided to go walk the trail/park they have behind their backyard. Leanna was so excited to feed the deer, so she looked forward to this walk. (The deer come up to the yard and they put food out there for them-everyday!). Although, we only saw them from a distance, she was still extremely happy! These pictures were taken with my new Nikon, but there are also some with my Sony Cybershot. (You'll be able to tell the difference...maybe). What an amazing walk...
~~~~~Day 2 ~~~~
The next morning, we got up, had breakfast, and lounged around. We decided to go see a few of the Missions. Pat and I had done a bunch of the Missions a long time ago-before kids. I think we saw maybe 4 in one day.
The girls didn't think they'd be interested at first. But once we got to the first one, they were excited. I think Leanna will be like Pat in that aspect. He absolutely loves history stuff. He'll read all the info on everything. I look for key words and move on to the next thing!
On this day, we went to see 2 Missions, Mission Concepcion and Mission San Jose. Both are amazing and have been well kept. Concepcion had had major work done so it is much better conditions. San Jose is is being worked on now, so we didn't get to see the church part of it. But both are worth the visit!
These are from Mission Concepcion

These are from Mission San Jose.That evening we met up Lenny and Emily at Fiesta, TX. They were having their Holiday in the Park. Sylvia had also driven in from Houston to go to Fiesta. So we had a good group at the park. We took the girls to the kids part of the park first. It used to be called WiggleWorld and featured the Wiggles. But this is the last year for it. Next year they will have themed in something different.
All the girls enjoyed the rides. The older girls wanted to sit next to Emily at every ride--poor Emily. Mia loved any and every ride. She did great! They even had a Santa set up--a really nice one. We let the girls go see Santa and take pics with him. They all did great! Oh, they also got to "ice" skate on plastic floor--it's hard to explain. But it really was plastic floor! Towards the end of the night, we sat for a Christmas Show and the lighting of the tree. We got the girls pizza, drinks and some sweets(candy) to end the night!
**OK, as I scroll down the pictures, I notice that I did not include the Santa ones. I will have to post them in another post cause it takes too long for me to move everything around! So enjoy these...
After we got back to Cheri's, we put the girls to bed and went to the Riverwalk with Cole and Janean (I'm sure I've misspelled her name! Sorry!). We hung out at some British Pud-Bulldog's, I think. We ended the night there. We didn't stay out too late, cause we were driving back the next day!

0 comments: