So we finally took the girls to the Rodeo! We went Monday after Leanna got home from school. We were lucky because it was a nice cool day,a bit windy, but it was not too bad! Plus, we got a great deal getting in. My brother had 2 passes that he let us use. And Reliant had sent a coupon for 2 adult & kids entries for free! So we ended up saving some money.
Anyway, we started out by checking out the livestock, which is inside. We got see all sorts of animals. The girls were so happy. Oh yeah, neither one had taken a nap, so we figured we'd go in and out quick! But not having a nap did not phase them at all.
We went into the Petting Zoo part of it first. This is always cute because they always have babies there. we saw the goats and their babies and we got to see baby piggies. They were so cute! There was a donkey there too. Oh, and a kangaroo...yeah, I'm thinking that's not a farm animal...but what do I know? Anyway, we walked around FOREVER!!! At least it seemed that way to me! We saw bunnies, cows, goats, chickens, pigs, and all their babies. We saw the Borden Milk cow...she's cute! The girls got to to the pony ride. This is what they look forward to. And we always end up riding on Dr. Pepper. That pony has been there at least 3 years! Cause I have a picture of Leanna as a 1 year old on it! This year Kayla got on Dr. Pepper and Leanna got on Dolly!
After doing the inside, we went outside. We sat down and had greasy & unhealthy food before we went to the next things! It's not the Rodeo unless you have some greasy, fried something or another!!! After we pigged out, we headed out to the rides! Another exciting thing for the girls. Before getting to the rides area, we noticed a little farm set up...I think it's new. But it was an activity called "A Day in the Life of a Farmer" The girls got aprons on, they got a basket. They had to plant a seed, water it. Then they picked vegetables and fruits and went to the market to sell their stuff. Once they sold all their stuff they got a pretend dollar. Then they could go shopping with it and get one thing. it was cool cause they "sold" them real stuff, like a juice box, raisins, crackers...they both picked a box of raisins! I though this was a cute set up. (I need to tell Joan, so she could tell the Children's Museum!)
After that, it was time for the rides. The girls wanted to ride everything. We did the usual, the Ferris wheel, the teacups, the little roller coaster, the train and a few others. But we didn't do the carousel...that makes me sad! Oh and this year both the girls did the huge slide, the Euroslide. It looked like so much fun. I didn't do it with them because it was a long way up...and I am too out of shape to be going up that thing! Anyway, they did a fun house too. And we ended the night trying to win some prizes. James and pat didn't win anything this year though! Oh, well maybe next year!
Here are the pictures from our trip. Notice, Leanna is wearing jeans...she wore them because cowgirls wear jeans. When I tied up her shirt in the middle she told me that she didn't look like a cowgirl because they don't do their shirts like that! Too funny. But in the end, she liked wearing it like that. And Kayla didn't want a belt and didn't want to be tucked in. I didn't argue...Anyway, enjoy the pictures!
In the petting zoo area.

0 comments:
Post a Comment