Our princess has arrived! She was born on Wednesday morning, January 21st, at 7:27 a.m.. She weighed 6 lbs & 9 oz at birth, but when we left she was up to 6 lbs & 11 oz! She is 19 inches long, which makes her the longest of all 3 girls! And she has some pretty big feet and long toes! Of course she was born with the signature black hair that all the girls had at birth! She is a perfect mixture between the girls, in my opinion! And she has Pat's cute button nose & cheeks!
Here are a few pictures from the hospital. We had a lot of visitors to welcome Mia into the world! I cannot post too many pictures, but here are a random few....
A few minutes after birth... 
Big sisters waiting for baby Mia!






Big sisters waiting for baby Mia!
Day 2 of life... 
Tia Bety & Cousin Siena

Friday...We're going home! YAY!!



The Birth Story:
On Tuesday, I had worked all day at the school. At 2:30, when we got off I was so tired. Pat took the girls to the park and to Walter's so I could rest. I took a short nap (about 20 mins) and then went to Target. I walked around Target for about 1 hour and a half. They were setting up a new floor plan, so everything was moved around and I couldn't find anything or maneuver around the aisles. So, yes, I shopped slowly! The rest of the night was normal. The girls went to bed after their bath and picking their clothes for the next day! I attempted to go to sleep, but couldn't get comfortable. At around midnight my lower back started hurting. I got up and walked around, rubbed my back, sat down, did whatever I could to make the pains go away. Pat asked if tonight was the night...and I said, "No. It's too early. My back probably hurts from working all day. Go to bed!" Well, 1 o'clock came around and the pains kept coming. I couldn't fall asleep with the pains, so I decided to shower. If they were false labor pains, I 'd be ready to go to work in the morning! After blow drying my hair, the pains got super intense. So I decided to flat iron my hair! Again, if it was false, I'd be ready to go to work in the morning! Well, close to 2 a.m. I decided to call the doctor. The doctor on call at Clear Lake told me that if I came in, I would be sent home since the contractions were only 8-10 minutes apart. I was not happy with him! So I stayed up. I told Pat to go back to bed...until the pains were so unbearable. t 3 a.m. I told him to shower and that we were going to hospital. So we left for the hospital and got there at around 3:45. By that time I was struggling to breathe through the contractions. I kept telling Pt to remind me to breathe! Once we got admitted and I was on a bed and hooked up,we discovered that the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and I was 6 centimeters dilated! (At this point I wanted to kill the doctor that told me to stay home! And I wanted to kill Pat, and the sweet nurse that was my nurse!) At some point I gave up squeezing Pat's hand, cause it took too much energy. And I needed the energy to breathe! Can you tell that I hate pain? So, for about another 45 minutes I suffered through more contractions...and I kept asking for the epidural. Where was the anesthesiologist?!?!?!!?! ( Somebody wake up Mr. Hot Shot...cause he was kind of cute...but even that didn't help me!) I didn't get my epidural shot until 4:45. I was so not a happy mom-to-be during that time though! Anyway, I ended up falling asleep until 6:30 a.m. Then I was happy as pie! By 7:15 we were waiting for the doctor, which was supposed to be the same doctor that told me to stay home! But in the end, a doctor from my office came. Not my specific doctor, but one of her partners. And he ended up being super nice. Anyway, at 7:20 they told me to stop pushing cause she had crowned already. So when Dr. Klein came in all we did was the one set (3 breaths) of pushes...and Baby Mia came into the world at 7:27 a.m. When they first showed her to me, I clearly saw her black hair and her chubby cheeks! I was in love again! Once she was cleaned off, Pat cut the umbilical cord and followed her to the bassinet where she was weighed, warmed up, and tagged with all her hospital tags including her "Hugs" tag, which is the lo-jack for babies! Then I got to hold her...and her life as a Landry girl begins!
Ok, I'll end it here...enjoy cause I know I am enjoying her. And so are the girls!

2 comments:
I love the birth story! Congrats on baby Mia and your family of 5!
Shelby looked at the pics with me and said she wants a baby sister, too. I told her maybe we'd go visit Kayla and Leanna's baby sister one day!
Ana your birth story made me cry! I am so happy for you and Pat and the girls. Baby Mia is GORGEOUS!!!!
Post a Comment