HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Well, we didn't do much to bring in the New Year. I actually wanted to go to bed early, but everyone was telling me to stay up at least til midnight. So, I gave in...and boy did I struggle to stay up! After I kissed Pat for the New Year, I sure did come upstairs! Anyway, the girls went to bed at their normal time. We were afraid that fireworks were going to wake them up, but they didn't! So it was awesome. Pat, myself, James, Jay, and Stacy; we just hung out til midnight. We snacked on unhealthy food of course. The boys had their drinks, and we drank water and/or soda. But we really didn't do much! It was nice...So, welcome 2009!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, we woke up and all went to eat breakfast. We went to Busy Bee, Leanna's choice. We had a nice relaxed breakfast on the 1st day of January!
I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store for us. 2008 was a good year. It obviously had its ups and downs. But I feel that we did well, as a little family. *Both the girls adapted well to their new teachers & school. *I took a job at their school...I never would have pictured myself working at a school! But it has been a real blessing to be there with the girls, to teach other kids, and I enjoy the friends/coworkers at the school. *Pat & I celebrated our 7th anniversary. And so far we haven't had major issues with our marriage. I am thankful for that. He is my best friend still. I know that there is the 7 year itch when couples start having problems, but luckily we are still doing great. And I know that we will continue to be each other's support! *Of course I cannot forget that we were blessed with another pregnancy. And soon our newest addition will be here! *The girls each had their milestones. I am super happy that Kayla is fully potty trained, all before 2 1/2. Leanna is a great help around the house. She follows rules like no other! She loves to spell words! *And she has mastered using the computer! So hopefully she'll be reading by the end of the school year. And if she's not, I will be OK with that. I have learned to relax a little with their goals. I will let them be kids...they are only kids once!
I know it's time for resolutions...and I never follow trough with them, but here are a few goals I have set for myself!
After Mia is born and I can get into shape, I will attempt to do that. I am not into working out at all, so it will be a struggle. But maybe I could eat better! We will see. I will try though. I will never be a size 4 again, and I may not even be a 6, but I will aim for that healthy 8!! So wish me luck!
I will scrapbook more often and keep up, instead of being a whole year behind!
I will organize our house, bedrooms, toy room, laundry room, etc. Even if takes me all year! But I will do it!
I want to change the 1/2 bath, and change the girls bathroom...since now I know 3 girls will share that bathroom! (Both those have old wallpaper on them...that is the main thing I want to change!)
OK, that's way too many already! Ha Ha!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a few pics of my computer nerds. I do have to tell this story:
Ever since Leanna learned to use the computer I limit her time on it. I usually tell her things like, " You're gonna hurt your eyes if you're on it too long!" or " You need to use your hands in other ways, like painting, making crafts, or drawing." Well, the other day, when I was blogging & uploading photos to the blog, she asked if she could use the computer. So I told her she could when I was done with the blog. We all know how long it takes to upload and write on the blog right? Well, about 10 minutes later, she comes over, and she tells me, "Mommy, you have been on the computer too long. You're gonna hurt your eyes if you stay on it too long!" It was hilarious! That little turkey used my own words against me! Anyway, I thought that was funny!

1 comments:
Ours are computer nerds, too. We bought Shelby a little kid laptop for Christmas and it's so funny- I'll be on the couch with my laptop and she'll come sit by me and play on her laptop!
Happy New Year and good luck with all of those resolutions!
Post a Comment