Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Trip to Dewberry Farm


Last year we went to a farm out in Brookshire called Dewberry farm. Well, we decided last year that we would visit each year as a special treat for us. Since Pat has been off on the weekends (until further notice wehn Kemah opens), we took advantage this past weekend and went out there. We picked up Mama Flor and Tia My on our way out. And Joan and her nephew, Joseph met us there. It was a blast. The girls enjoy themselves so much there. I had a cold this past weekend, but I was still able to enjoy it too. It is such a nice and relaxing place, one can't help but enjoy themsleves!

When we got there, they immediately went to do every activity possible...while mom and I sat back and just enjoyed the nice breeze. What we didn't enjoy was the dust that was everywhere! This year I was prepared for that; the girls wore closed shoes so they didn't have nasty feet afterwards! Anyway, they slid, they jumped, they went through tunnels, they ran, they pet animals, they rode the corn train, they ate, they played, and played more. We went on the wagon ride to the actual pumpkin patch, where you select your own pumpkin from the plant. That is pretty cool to see. I got to see baby pumpkins and full grown pumpkins on the stems. It was neat. After picking out our pumpkins, we got on another wagon ride. Then Joan, Elida and mom went to pick flowers! This was such a big deal for us last year because there were so many beautiful flowers to choose from. Well, this year, there was not as many flowers to choose from. Maybe it was due Hurricane Ike or it was just too early in the month. (Last year we didn't go until the 3rd week of October) But, still beautiful bouquets of flowers were gathered by all 3 of them!

By the time we left, it was already 7:30...and my baby was kicking me! She was hungry...and so was I! But even at that time, Kayla, Leanna, and Joseph were still full of energy! Kids! They're just a bundle of energy! I don't know how they could have kept on going cause when we got there at 2, the sun was out. It wasn't terribly hot because of the breeze, but the sun still can drain your energy!
Needless to say, the girls were super tired and we were all super tired! But it was a great time for all.



I can't wait until we go again. Next year, there will be 3 girls having some fun!!! I am so excited!!

1 comments:

Steph said...

That place looks really cool! Now will you go check out Manna Fields and tell me which I should go to?! ;)