Wednesday, September 28, 2011

(A Very Late) Back to School 2011

School's back in session!!! Oh how time flies! Well, our 1st day of school was August 22 this year! It came and went! Here are my little girls on their 1st day!
We took the big girls to school first. Here is our 1st grader and our Kindergartner in front of their school! Look at those big girls!
We walked Leanna to her class. She is in a new hallway from last year. And her class is close to Kayla's too! Her teacher is Mrs. Judge...she is a great 1st grade teacher. Leanna has a few of her old classmates in the class...but she has already made new friends too! Leanna loves her teacher. She makes 1st grade fun! Every Tuesday her weekly folder is full of all her work. And I am impressed with what all she knows. It's amazing to see how much bigger and smarter she is!!
And here is our Kayla bear--she had a rough start. When we walked her in she wasn't smiling much. Then we walked her to her seat...she started grabbing on to me. And when I told her to have a good day...she started crying---quietly, but it was so sad!!!! I HAD to walk out of there before I cried! Her teacher is really sweet though. She went over there and hugged her and stayed by her until she stopped crying. And the crying didn't last long. Mrs. Ainsworth said she stopped as soon as Emily--a friend from preschool--walked in!
And now, Kayla LOVES school. She has gotten on green and purples everday! No yellows or reds for her! And I see her work that she brings home, and I can see how much she is loving it!
And Mia--she absolutely LOVES school. Her class is right next to mine. She has Mrs. Erin this year--and she loves her! I am sure she wishes she went 3 or 4 days, but for now we will keep her at 2 days. Mrs. Erin says that she loves to sing, she loves her music class, and she is a leader! That can be good...but it can also be a bad thing!!

0 comments: