Class of 2011!On May 17th, our sweet little Kayla walked across the stage and received her preschool diploma! What a precious moment for everyone! Our little girl started MDO when she was 2. She quickly adapted to it. She even self potty trained while in Mrs. Amy's 2 yr old class. We worked with her a little bit at home, but she quickly did it on her own! She then moved up to a preK 3 class. And lucky for her, she got Mrs. Huff (aka Mrs. Amy) as her teacher. And she moved up with most of her classmates too. Halfway through the year, Mrs. Huff and her family moved out of Pearland, so she left the school. But her replacement, Mrs. Palm took over with no problems. When that school year was over, Kayla went to preK 4...lucky girl, she got Mrs.Palm as her teacher! And again, most of her classmates moved up with her! And now, here we are. A soon-to-be Kindergartner!! She has loved preschool. And I am excited for her to be going to big girl school, but I am also nervous for her. You know that sweet loving, caring, God loving manner that is at In His Steps? I will miss that for her. She really needs that...but at least she will have her sister at Shadycrest. And she will have plenty of friends from In His Steps. Just from her class, I think there are 4 kids going there. Plus a few others from the other prek 4 classes. I know she'll do fine. (Mrs. Palm did an amazing job of getting her preapred!) I'm sure I'll get teary eyed on the 1st day of school. But for now, we are happy that she made it through preschool! Congratulations Kayla Bear! You make us proud!





The classes also sang a few songs and recited some bible verses. Their theme was western this year. So Kayla wore her Jessie tshirt and Jessie boots. They sang, "You Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story--it was perfect for Kayla! And they also sang in Spanish! The whole program was very cute. We were all so happy. Thanks to those who came to share this special moment with her!








1 comments:
Congrats Kayla- she has grown up so much. I know exactly what you mean about leaving their church preschools to go to big kid school- it's so different and less personal once they start school. Looking forward to seeing y'all Sat.!
Post a Comment