Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To Dewberry Farm We Go...

Well, it is that time of year. Yep, it's fall!! I do love fall--for many reasons. But I also do not like it because of allergies and because it is the beginning of cold/flu season-yuck! But I love it because of the beautiful colors, the breeze (it's almost cool, but not quite), the corn and apple season, and Halloween and of course Thanksgiving!
Well, we always try to make it out to Dewberry Farm with family and friends. This year, our group was pretty small-Pat, James, the girls and I. But we still had a pretty great time. We started out with a little hump though. First, we waited in a line that extended into the parking lot--we have never had to wait! Note to self: Pre-purchase tickets online because that line was super short! Ok, second, we had barely made it in and ran into Pat's cousin, when Kayla threw up! Now, let me back up a little. Kayla had been throwing up all of Sat evening and most of the night. On Sun morning, I asked her how she felt. She said she felt fine. And she even acted like all was fine! Well, she had been sitting in the wagon looking a little nauseated and tired. Again, I asked how she felt, but again, she responded that she was fine. Well, in the meantime, Pat's cousin (2nd generation)Jill ran into us. We started talking and introduced our 3 girls to their 3 girls (their 3rd generation cousins I guess?) when she just threw up! I felt so bad for her and for their cousins, who at the time were trying to eat their lunch! Oops, not a very nice way to make an introduction...but they'll remember their cousins! Anyway, I think that she just needed to get that last "funk" out because after that,she was happy as pie. Of course she wanted more attention from Pat and I--and she got it. But she joined her daddy and sisters in all the activities offered at Dewberry farm. They went on the roller slide, they jumped on the pillow, they rode the train, they jumped on/off hay, they swung on the bean bag swing, they went up and down the fort playground, they played in the kids playground, played in the corn, and so on, and so on. There was so much to do, that we didn't even get to see the farm animals, we didn't run through the corn maze,and we didn't even, well, I didn't even get roasted corn! And I also didn't even get farm/fall pictures. But there was a good reason for the last one. 1-it was so dusty!! My poor camera lens just couldn't focus because of all the dust on it. And 2-James and I dropped the camera once! And 3-I was just too busy trying to keep up with 3 girls! I am glad James came with us! One child per adult! And I even dressed them in pink this year, so they didn't blend in with everybody else! Oh yeah, their matching tees--aren't they adorable?! The tees were on sale at Old Navy for $1.97, the embroidery initial/name cost $2, and the capris were on sale for $3.49! So, for less than $10 they had a cute outfit-well, at least I think it was cute. Anyway, that's besides the point...although I like to brag when I get a great bargain! Ok, moving on...We had an absolute blast this year. I tried,and really TRIED to get a good family picture and a good picture of the girls. But as many times before, it just doesn't happen! But there were so many pictures that I did love. I really love the ones of the girls all walking behind Pat--so cute. And I love the pics of him and the girls on the roller slide! What a dad-he had all 3 girls at the top--he's so cute. It really makes me fall madly in love with him when I see such devotion! Anyway, another trip to Dewberry Farm has come and gone. We'll see how next year goes!




Love the last few pics of Pat and the girls!

1 comments:

Steph said...

Great pics! Looks like fun- one day we will make it out there! I love the matching outfits! So cute- even little Mia got to play this year!