Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

School has started again! It feels like we only had a few days off for summer. But alas, it was almost 3 full months! Well, this morning was Leanna's 1st day in Kindergarten, Kayla's 1st day in PreK 4, and my 1st day with the 2 yr olds! So...we'll start with Leanna:
She has to be at school by 7:50--we barely made it. Leanna had an entourage with her because Pat, myself, Mia, Kayla, James, and my sis accompanied her to her 1st day of school. Yes, we are all very excited for her! So we took a few pics outside her class and a few inside. I finally had to stop because she was getting embarrassed! So we HAD to leave her there...and walk. out...and I almost lost it. But, I held it in. I looked over at mys sis, and she almost lost it. SO we both had to hold it in. We didn't look back because we knew would cry if we did! After our school, Kayla, Mia, James and I went to pick her up! And OMG!!!! The waiting took for E-V-E-R!!! Seriously. It did. We got to the line,which was already around the corner and halfway down block, and waited for over 25 minutes! Yes, in the car. With a baby, and a 4 year old. They were bored out their minds! Finally we start inching, and I really mean inching towards the end of the block. Another 10 mins and we finally make it around the corner. Another 5 minutes and we make it into the parking lot. And then we're almost there! When I pull up to her spot, she is dripping sweat,and she is red in the face, and she says, "Finally. What took you so long?" Umm, how about the 10 mile long line?! She said she loved school except for the part where I take too long to pick her up!! HAHA! As if I like waiting that long & as if I can control that! But she said she made some friends, she just can't remember their names. (That's too funny!) Then she tells me that she has to wear tennis shoes everyday! What? Didn't know that--maybe I missed that at orientation since I was late! (Note to self: Ask about tennis shoes at Parent/Teacher night) All in all, she had a great day! She can't wait to go back again tomorrow.
Kayla's day was great. I am sad that I didn't get to walk to her to class. But I knew she wasn't going to have any issues for a few reasons1 1. She already knew her teacher, Mrs. Palm. 2. She has some friends from last year in her class. And 3. She is comfortable at the preschool.

So of course Pat said she ran to give Mrs. Palm a hug and then went to hug her buddies. So she had a great day!
I peeked into her class when I was at the playground with my class, and she was enjoying herself! So, I knew she was good!
My day, was good too. For some reason, none of the kids cried in the morning! It was the oddest thing. My class is younger 2s, so we ALWAYS expect them to cry! But no one did. They played well in the playground, they behaved during snack, and they even did OK at lunch. BUT, once nap time came around--totally different story. We didn't just have criers--we had screamers! It was crazy! But we got them all to nap! And when it was pick up time, all the parents wanted to know how the day went, so it took longer to dismiss everyone! Tomorrow I have to make sure we get them out quick, so I can make it Leanna's line quicker!
Here is Leanna after school!

0 comments: