Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Days...Summer Fun!

This past Saturday,I got brave and took the older girls to the Children's Museum. Yes, on a Saturday!! I dislike going anywhere on a Saturday because I don't like being around crowded places, or having to wait in super long lines to do something, or just "sharing" germs with everyone!!
Anyway, we made it there around 3ish and stayed til almost 6!! The girls had a blast. I never tire of taking them there and they never get tired of going either. Well, poor Mia doesn't get to experience it unless Pat goes with us! Needless to say, she stayed with grandma!
Oh, this picture is before we left. Look at the girls' outfits. You can tell how their personalities are based on their outfit's. Leanna has to look nice and everything has to match...Kayla wants to look cool! They're so funny!

Face painting is one their favorite things to d at the museum. We spent about 15 minutes there! Yes, at face painting. I love these photos of them so close up! By the way, they are supposed to be kitties! Another favorite is the Art Room. The media they were using this time was chalk. We've never been there to use chalk, so it was a first for them. Normally, they have paint. But they still enjoyed it! My little Van Gogh and little Picasso.

After that we went to the Obstacle Course area--this is where we spent WAYYY too much time! But they were having so much fun. It was a struggle for me though cause I could smell stinky feet and people were not using manners. Kids were running around like crazy with no parents around. Anyway, my girls did their thing. A couple of times I would hear Kayla say loudly, "Wait your turn! " Or "You are not sharing!" Proud moments for me! Kayla is the tough one--no one will mess with her! She kind of reminds me of...well...me!
And finally we went out to the Water Works area. It was very crowded with parents and kids everywhere. But the girls still got to enjoy a few of the activities out there. They really did "learn" about how water works. I loved it when they opened up a "flood gate" and they got so excited to see their boats speed down the waterway! You could see their minds thinking!! This is at the end, after we picked up their masterpiece! Oh yeah, Leanna is still featured on a banner on the parking garage. Sher gets so excited when she sees it.

**********
We took them to the zoo on Monday. We don't ever go to the zoo cause it is so pricey. But we figured once a year won't hurt us!

We got there a little after noon! Note to self: Noon is NOT the best time to be at the zoo! As we walked through the gate, I lost 2 lbs of sweat! Haha! I only wish! If you know me, you know that I don't do heat very well. And that even though my hair is short, it is thick, so I sweat as much as (if not more than) a man does! TMI--I know. Just had to share that tidbit!
Since I was sweating within the first 5 minutes,we walked straight into the aquarium part! Thank goodness for that. It's air conditioned and the girls love all things, creatures that are ocean related!
This picture of Kayla is an inside joke since Kayla got stung by jellyfish a few weeks ago! Here, she's showing them who's boss!

Please ignore my fat roll(s)! But here is one of the pictures before we really started sweating! Oh I did take pictures of the animals this time. The zoo animals, not just my animals!!
See, here are my animals acting "wild"!!
The girls and Uncle James!And here I am added to the mix!I HAD to take a pic of this--he or she is just hanging out enjoying nap time! It reminds me of Penny, when she lays down for a nap and is just laid out with no cares in the world!! I want a nap like that!
The girls got to enjoy the play area in the zoo. Which I have to comment, the zoo has been really upgraded now. Everything is so much nicer and cleaner--that explains the extra we pay to get in! After the playground, we went to the petting zoo part, where they all got to brush a few goats! I think the goats were tired of being brushed--they hardly moved as the girls brushed and brushed, and brushed!!
The prairie dogs...and a few pics of our prairie girls!!

We ended our visit with the elephants and the giraffes. The girls really enjoyed these. Oh yeah we entered one more building to get some AC before we headed out!
And these are by the gate as we head out! One more family picture--thanks to James!

1 comments:

Joan said...

The pictures look great Ana!! Don't forget to update the title of the blog to add Princess Mia.

I'm glad that Leanna's picture is still up on the banner at the museum. Since I don't visit, I don't get to see her little face everyday! LOL.

Oh yea, TMI on the the part you sweating like a man!!

Once again thanks for sharing your little family adventures!! Love it!!

Joan