Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kayla Turns 4!!

I just can't get over that my Kayla bear is 4! It's crazy I think! But I've been preparing myself for this. Just this year, she has grown in inches and for sure in shoe size! LOL! Well, she wanted to go to Kemah on her actual birthday. Since we haven't been there in forever, Leanna, her and I took a trip out there. We didn't take Mia because it would be impossible to do any rides with her on my lap, and it was too hot for her!
We got our wristbands once we got there--thanks James. And we rode the rides they like. We did the carousel 3 times!! Really? I thought we were going to ride very animal on there! I think we were riding rides for about an hour and a half! Can y'all believe I lasted that long in the heat?! Trust me, I think I lost a good 2 lbs, if not more. My shirt was sticking to my back, I was dripping sweat off my nose, it was ridiculous! I don't know how I ever worked at Astroworld! LOL!
After the rides, we called up Pat to see if he could have lunch with us since he was working that day. Of course he said Yes. We ate at the Pizza Oven--I had never eaten there. It's been there as long as Pat has worked there and I've never even been inside the building! Anyway, they have an amazing Italian Sub! The girls had cheese pizza. It was so cute to see how happy Kayla was that she was having lunch with her daddy1 And she was really happy because everyone was telling her "Happy Birthday!"--and I mean everyone. (She wore her Birthday Girl tee from carter's!-Great Deal!) We would walk by people and they would tell her as we passed them up. And I was so proud that she always replied with a sweet, "Thank You!" and her cute signature crooked smile!
We finally left around 2:45. I was so tired and was ready for a nap. And apparently, so was Kayla. She fell asleep as soon as we got on the road!


That evening we had a mini celebration with a few of our friends. Ericka made her a super cute poodle cake. A pink poodle cake. Let me back up: Kayla's party theme is a pink poodle party. She watched an episode of Wonder Pets where they saved a poodle, and ever since, she's obsessed with poodles--not necessarily in pink. But all poodles. Or as she calls them, "plutos"!
Moving on...since Ericka and Catelyn won't be here for her party on Sunday, we decided to get together on her actual birthday!
So we went to McDonald's and met up Linda and her kids. Sylvia and James joined us as well. And we had a mini celebration. All the kids, and even grown ups had a good time! After McDonald's we came home to open a few presents. I had been searching for a Jessie doll and didn't have much luck. Well, Pat found a small one that talks,s o we wrapped that up for her. And she loved it. The previous night I had ordered the big one from Disney.com, so hopefully that will be here for her party!

So she had a fantastic day. Thanks everyone for making her day extra special. Now we have her party to look forward to! I can't believe she's 4!!!

Happy Birthday Kayla bear!!

Oh, and on another note: Pat's 11th anniversary of working at Kemah was on the 6th of July too!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...i was wondering if that was a cake and then the next pic had candles in it. I LOVE IT and she got Jessie. What a wonderful day you all had. Thanks for sharing!