On Tuesday, May 26th, we met up with our good friend Stephanie and her girls, Autumn and Shelby at Hermann Park. Our plan was to meet at the train station, so we could all ride the train, have a quick lunch, and then head into the zoo. Well, things changed a bit. When we got to the zoo, we noticed the never-ending parking lot full of yellow school buses. Pat and I both look at each other..."Did we pick the right day?" Big fat NO! But we actually found a parking space up front, because the family leaving probably did not want to battle the 5000 school groups! Anyway, Stephanie was already there with her girls. We got our tickets and rode the train. Everyone was excited, even us. Then we get back to the station and see the super long line at the zoo gate trying to get in! WOW! It was scary. We didn't say anything...we decided to have our lunch in front of the fountain. That actually turned out to be pretty cool, kind of hot, but cool because of how pretty it was. We all ate, filled our tummies with chips, watermelon, cookies/crackers, sandwiches and water! After we ate and started to get our things ready, we looked over to the zoo gate, and still the line was pretty scary. So Stephanie, Pat and I decided to ask the girls if they would rather go the little splash park and the Japanese Gardens OR go the zoo. And luckily for us, the girls were all about the splash park and Japanese Garden. And of course, both of those activities are FREE! We're so glad for our smart girls!
Of course they ended up having a super duper time. The splash park also had field trip groups there, but it wasn't too bad. They played in that area for a while. Pat joined in their fun by chasing them around. I got tired just watching him play! After that we headed out to the Japanese Garden. Oh, I have to add, Stephanie was super prepared, because she brought a wagon! That came in real handy, since we had bags of clothes, bags of food, and four little girls! I will have to remember our wagon next time, it is definitely a must when you're there!
At the Japanese Garden we fed the fish and walked around. I really love those gardens because there isn't much to do, but it is so relaxing! And the girls love running all over the place. And that is what they did!
After the garden , we walked back to the train area, where everyone got ice cream! Those girls were in Heaven that day. They had their ice cream while we waited to ride the train again! We rode the train twice and got them treats since we didn't spend money getting into the zoo. And even the second time around, the girls had a blast (even though we were all tired)!
It was such a fun filled day. I really don't like to be out in the heat for more than 2 hours, but we were out about 3 1/2 hours and I never even noticed. Everyone had such a great time. I can't wait to do more fun things this summer.
These are from the Splash park.
These are from the Japanese Garden...too cute!
Our second train ride, after being there 3 hours...everyone looks tired!

1 comments:
What a cool splash park! I wish we had something like that. Your familly looks great momma :)
Post a Comment