Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Projects

Oh my goodness, Thanksgiving is next week! How quickly time flies. I'm actually loving that because I am ready for this baby to be here!
At school, the girls made several projects to learn about Thanksgiving, the pilgrims and the Indians. And this past Tuesday they had a "Thanksgiving Feast" at school. Leanna class got to eat in the Fellowship Hall with the older kids. But Kayla's class stayed in their class. Anyway, their "feast" consisted of chicken nuggets, corn, a roll, and a snack...kinda Thanksgiving-ish, especially for that age. from what I've heard, the kids devoured everything!!!
Each of the girls made a place mat for themselves. And classes were supposed to either be Indians or Pilgrims...it ended up that both the girls were Indians, so they made an Indian headband.
When we got home on Tuesday I took some pictures of Leanna's work, because she brought her stuff home then. Kayla brought it home today. So we took more pictures today. Here they are showing off their work...

********************************************************************************
At home we also made a Thanksgiving project. We made a "Thankful for..." turkey. Sylvia and I made the turkey from yarn and foam balls. So all they had to do was the feathers. But I had the girls tell me what they were thankful for. We'll use the turkey on Thanksgiving day, and have each person write one or two things they are thankful for. So far the girls are thankful for their friends, Barbie, the Princesses, our house, mom & dad (I didn't think they would mention us!), grandma Flor, and their toys! Sweet girls...here are the pictures of the poor turkey so far. He's been abused by the girls!
Hopefully this Thanksgiving we will get to go somewhere and enjoy family time. last year both the girls were super sick and we stayed home. As of today we are officially on Thanksgiving Break from school...and there is lots to get done...

1 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great idea with the yarn turkey! I think I might be stealing that idea for my boys. I love the artwork the girls did and I love their dresses!