Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of School

Well that time of year has arrived...Leanna's last day of school! I was pretty sad cause I know she will miss it. And I know we will miss it too! I had Leanna make her teacher, Mrs.Condrey, a card to tell her Thank You for having her in her class halfway through the year. Since Mrs. Mary left in January, Leanna and a couple of her classmates were left with no class. Poor Leanna bounced from class to class for 5 weeks. Finally they decided to put her in Mrs. Condrey's class. That class was a 4 day-a-week class. I let her go 2 days a week until mid-April. We decided that she should try the 4 days. And she did well. She kept up with the kids (they are 4year olds) and learned as much as they did. Anyway, she was happy and she made new friends too.
So we decided to get Mrs. Condrey a Thank You gift from Leanna, which is why she made her a card! I was proud of her because I told her to place the flowers stickers wherever and then to draw stems and leaves on the flowers to make a garden...and this was her end result!

We got a Kemah gift card and a candle set to go along with her card. She was so excited about her gift and card! She ended up giving the gift to her a day early. It was OK though, since really those last 2 days, the used as play days!
Here are a few pictures from her actual last day. My camera battery need to be charged, so they came out sort of blurry. And here is a picture of the class as well.
Mrs.Condrey & Leanna

Telling her friends Bye!

The whole class

There are a lot more kids in the pictures form the last day because the other 4 yr old class was there with them! But the picture above has all her class. Anyway, on her last day I met her teacher for next year. She happens to live on our street! So I already know where her class will be. And Kayla's class will be in the other building, but I haven't met her teacher yet!

0 comments: