Sunday, January 2, 2022

Christmas 2021


Christmas came and went- just like that.  This Christmas wasn't like last year-where everyone was quarantined and no one got together.  But it wasn't like the previous Christmases either-where we ALL got together, ate together, laughed together, and just had fun with each other.  Ever since COVID-19 came to be, everything is so different.  Everyone has different opinions about the virus, different opinions on how to react to it, how to prevent from getting it, or how to keep themselves and others safe.  As for me: it is what it is.  I will not hide from it, I will not be scared of it, and I will not avoid it.  I know everyone has their opinions about it, but that is MY opinion about it. Plain and simple.

Anyway, this Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's house, with only some of us there.  The kids got to do their cousin gift exchange. We also made a saran wrap ball for them to unravel- it was so much fun to watch them try to unravel while wearing oven mittens.  And it was pure joy to see how happy they got as they got a "prize."  My favorite quote was from Brooklyn: "Says the guy who got hot cocoa and hand cream!"  This was after she had gone 3x and gotten zero prizes!  

On Christmas Day, we all woke up leisurely.  We made hot cocoa and had breakfast.  Then the girls opened up gifts- which they enjoyed.  Pat and I opened ours too. Then we all just relaxed the rest of the day.


This Christmas, it doesn't matter what things I got.  What matters is right in front of me.  The girls, Pat, and the life we have built together is all the gift I need.  And God had blessed me with them.  And for that I am grateful.  
For this coming year, I want to live life the best way possible.  I want to be better, I want to do better.  I'm hoping that reviving this little blog will help me work towards that. Hoping it gives me accountability, hoping it makes me appreciate things- even the little things.  Because I know that those little things are part of something big-something God has planned for me, for us.  So...here's to 2022.  





 

0 comments: