Ok, let's recap June:
In June a mock shuttle came through Kemah to be set up at NASA. The day the day the barge was scheduled to arrive was a big deal. My sister, mom, and I headed to Kemah with my 3 girls, Brooklyn and Avery. Kemah was packed! But it was an amazing experience. Although it would have been great for Houston to get a real shuttle instead of a mock one...it is still a big deal. Anyway, I tried to get s few pictures of all of us in front it. But it was very crowded.
Daddy working selling balloons!
Brooklyn with the shuttle behind her.
There is the shuttle--it was HUGE!
We also took the girls to the new Pleasure Pier in Galveston.Pleasure Pier is a new pier that is built where the Flagship Hotel used to be.
If you are familiar with Galveston and have been there you would have seen this hotel. Anyway, it is now a pier with a few rides and shops on it. And it is pretty neat. We did not make the smartest choice when we went. We got there at 1ish...and it was deathly hot!! We stayed for about 2 hours before we left. And by the time we left we were soaked..in sweat! The girls did the bumper cars, the teacup ride, the bouncer ride, and the carousel. There were quite a few rides that we didn't get on because it was just too miserably hot. I think we will try going again, but we will go in the evening.
On Father's Day, Kayla's dance studio had their recital. We had never been to a recital so we didn't know what to expect. well, it was a great experience. The dance studio made a whole production of it. Kayla's dance class performed to "Big Spender". And it was really cute. The girls did great. And all the other performers and classes did great too. Now,I'm excited for next year!
Kayla & Ms. Cassie (her teacher) after their performance
The girls on stage
This year VBS was held in the new sanctuary at Shadycrest. And this year, I also worked it. It was a fun and tiring 5 nights! But all very worth it. I had fun, and I hope my class had fun! All the girls enjoyed themselves. On the last day, the y all got to dance on the stage. It was such a sight to see all these kids dancing and praising Jesus.

0 comments:
Post a Comment