Monday, July 13, 2009

Kayla's Birthday Party

Happy 3rd Birthday Kayla!

This past Sunday, we had Kayla's birthday party. This year, her theme was Princesses, of course! She wanted a Belle cake and a Belle pinata. I got the cake, but not the pinata. Oh well. And we decided to just invite girls to this party. I figured it would be a little less stressful, and a little easier on the actual day of the party. And it turned out to be a great idea. I'm sure we'll do that for Leanna's birthday as well.
We rented a water slide, we set out their little pool, and we got a baby one for Mia. Since our friends, the Browns, were coming too, we figured they would let their baby Camila swim too. We also got a foam hop-scotch, a few plastic balls for them to use in the pool, we got Princess tattoos, and the pinata. We made hot dogs, a vegetable tray, 2 fruit trays, chips and dips, a garden salad, a chicken salad, and plenty of crackers, and Stacy made her famous punch. We had juice boxes,waters, and sodas for everyone.
On the invitation, we told people to bring their swimsuits and towels. So once everyone got here, they went and either did the pool or the big slide. The slide was a huge hit. I was afraid that no one would use it because it was so big. And all the kids we invited were 3-6 years old! But it ended up being a great success. At the end of the party, I even got in!
All the kids had a great time. Kayla got some amazing gifts. Her and Leanna's friends had a fun time. And it was cool because they got to see some of their friends from school that they hadn't seen this summer. The kids swam , slid, and played on the swing set for a while. After a bit, they sat down to eat, then we let them break the pinata. After the pinata, we did the cake. And I have to let you all know that this is the cutest cake we've had! And it was also very delicious. After cake, some of the kids went back to swimming, while others just played. toward the end, we let Kayla open up her gifts. She loved that part, of course. And then some of the girls got tattoos before they went home.
It was a fun party. Thank goodness the weather was nice. It was not miserably hot, and it didn't rain!
Here are some of the pictures from the party.

The gorgeous Belle cake!

Daddy and his girls going down the slide.
Mia in her giraffe pool.
The birthday girl.
Leanna sliding...

Beautiful Alyssa.
Littlest Pet Shop
Having some hot dogs and fruit.
Having some fun!
Pinata time!
"Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday dear Kayla!"
These girls were having a great time!Tattoo time by Nikki!And even more water fun!
The end of the party...

I know Kayla had a great birthday. I am so happy that everyone came to make it special for her. And thanks to all my sweet friends and my sisters for helping to make it a great party. Now, it's time to plan Leanna's 5th birthday!!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Good for you for going down the slide! I would have if I had brought dry clothes- it looked so fun!
I have to tell you, A & S are covered in princess tattoos...and even though I try not to put them in spots that show, they have swim lessons this week so there is no covering them!
Shelby also LOVES her bling bling diamond ring from the goody bag!
Great pictures, too!!

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun bday party! Happy birthday Kayla!!!