This year was the girls' first time to go to Vacation Bible School. Unfortunately Kayla wasn't old enough for this one. But Leanna went and she loved it. And so did I!
It was held at the church where they go to school, so she had no problem getting dropped off. Plus, Charlee and Camden went too. VBS was from Sunday the 14th until Thursday the 18th. The theme was the Boomerang Express. Most of the volunteers wore Australian themed outfits or the Boomerang Express T-shirts. They had a huge train on the stage, the walls were painted, there was themed stuff all over the place. They had uplifting themed songs as well. Once we dropped off Leanna, Kayla and I would stay for about 5-10 minutes enjoying the songs. Each day the kids made something special, besides learning more about God and Jesus. On Monday, they had a stagecoach come visit them. I'm not sure if they got to ride in it or not. On Tuesday they had a petting zoo, Wednesday they colored a t-shirt, and on Thursday they had moonwalks and gave out tons of prizes. It was very entertaining and very educational. I loved it. I can't wait til next year, when both the older girls get to go. These pictures are from the entire week. Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment