Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Baby's Kicking Me!

I wanted to brag a little about this pregnancy. Since it will be my last, I am kinda appreciating it a little more. Even though there are days when I want her here NOW!! She kicks so much. But it's just amazing to see the movements of my stomach. It's crazy how she's only about 3 pounds, but can be so strong. I usually lay in bed just looking at my tummy move in waves, thumps, or jerky actions. I can't get enough of it. Poor Pat is always being told, "Put your hand here!", "Feel this!", ''Look at this!", "Can you feel that?", " Rub my tummy so she can stop kicking!" And sometimes, when she just kicks too much, I am super grumpy...and he reminds that I'm lucky that I can experience this, because all he does is look and touch...not go through what I'm going trough. I want to tell him, " Yeah, you can sleep however you want and not get kicked, and not have to get up and pee every hour!" But I know he's right. It's an amazing miracle that only women experience, and can only be taken as a gift from God! So I do appreciate it.
I will 31 weeks starting Monday, so only 9 more to go. It's almost time. So far, so good. I have been measuring at the right measurements. And after this week's appointment, I go see my OBG every 2 weeks. This baby will be delivered at Clear Lake, instead of Memorial Southeast. It's a decision that took me almost an entire month! But it is for the better. Both, the girls were born at Memorial, so I kind of wanted this baby to be born there too. But it's ok. I will get over it!
Anyway, I am very excited to see/meet her. She seems so active already, so I'm sure she got that from Pat! But we want to see who she'll look like, how big she'll be, and how much black hair she'll have! And we are waiting, well, mostly me, to see if she'll have any teeth! Leanna had one and Kayla had 1 and 1 other halfway out when they were born! So we'll see how many this baby has!
We have decided on a name...but I'll wait to post it after she's born. No, I won't. Almost all of our family and friends know! And we both love the name. And Leanna and Kayla call her by this name already! Our new little girl will be named Mia. We have an idea about the middle name, but we haven't made a choice yet. But Mia is for sure! Leanna and Kayla always kiss my tummy and talk to Baby Mia! They are so ready. Now all I have to do is get her room ready. SInce Kayla has been out of it for a few weeks now...I stillhaven't taken out all her clothes. But I am slowly working on it! Here is a picture of my fat belly at 30 1/2 weeks.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I can finally see that baby belly! You look great! I LOVE Mia- I saw it on your x-mas card and it just fits y'alls family so well and goes great with Leanna & Kayla, too.
That is crazy about them being born with teeth! I've heard of that but never actually known anyone!

Jenny said...

Ana you look awesome! You are truly glowing! And I love the name Mia. I have always liked the name Mia Katherine...I just wanted to throw that in there! LOL! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Mia when she gets here!